Friday, January 28, 2011

Philippians 4:8-9

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

This has become one of my favorite verses from the bible. The Lord has shown me this verse 3 times this week. So many times I find myself thinking about negative outcomes versus the positive ones. I guess I feel like if I prepare myself for the worst, then I won't be as disappointed when things don't go my way. But there lies the problem! It's not about my way, it's about His way. When we are living for His ways and purpose for our life, we won't have to worry about the outcome because ultimately it is His will for our life. So here we are told to think about the positive! Think about the things that are worthy to be praised in His name! While it is okay to consider the worst case scenario in some situations in our lives, ultimately we are to dwell on those things that are pure and lovely. And whatever we know is true and right by His word we are to put those things into practice in our lives. So shout out these truths in your life and watch the difference God can make! The verse clearly says if we do these things, the God of peace will be with us. I don't know about you but I can use all the peace He wants to give me! So what is it that you are dwelling on or are worried about today? What things are in your life that create a mindset that is full of negative, unlovely things? Turn it over to the Lord and remember His promise in these two verses!

Peace In Him

No comments: