My mom bought me my first antique piece for our new house. I absolutely love it! Take a minute and see if you notice anything about the white horizontal piece on the wooden cross...
It's the shape of Tennessee! It was the first thing I noticed about it. She didn't even see it until I said something this morning when she sent me the photo. That makes this even more special to me :)Unfortunately, the post office was charging way too much to have it shipped to me. She and Reagan are coming down in March to host a housewarming party for us so hopefully she can bring it then if not sooner!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3:30 pm
Wow - I had to add to this post from earlier because gifts keep flowing.
Jill sent me a gift card to a boutique by the house called, Swankyville. I've passed it a few times since we've moved in and can't wait to go shop! She also wrote this song to go with the gift certificate. Here's the website to the store, http://www.shopsatswankyville.com/Home_Page.html. The song will make more sense when you see the store/site. Thanks for the creative song and gift card!
“Flamingos”
Byyyyyy Jiiiiiill Weeeeelch
Byyyyyy Jiiiiiill Weeeeelch
Happy Birthday Megan
Here’s a makeshift gift
to relieve your swanky beggin’
and grant a swanky lift!
The Ville is down the road
From your lovely new abode
Filled with swanky gizmos
From hair-do’s to girly gunk
..to home stuff to who knows!
Have fun filling your cart
And don’t be shopping smart!
Get anything! Anything goes!
(but just stay away from the flamingos!)
Granny sent me some beautiful, pink Gerbera daisies to plant at our new house. That was so thoughtful of her and I can't wait to plant them when it gets warmer.

And now for probably one of the funniest gifts I've ever received; a bundle of balloons from Jon, Heather, and Landon. Sweet little Landon walked into our office holding them and it just melted my heart. Why is this funny you might be asking yourself? I'll give you a minute to look at the photo closely...

Most of you know (especially you, Mo) that Jon likes to call me Mego Prego. NO, I'm not pregnant, nor are we trying, but Jon is just really looking forward to calling me Prego when I am pregnant. So they thought it would be funny to add a pink "It's a Girl" balloon in the batch. I didn't even notice it at first and then a co-worker pointed it out. Of course my face turned 50 shades of red! I am always up for a good laugh. He and Heather both have a great sense of humor. :)
This really has been a great birthday so far. 25 seems like a milestone and I feel like I've accomplished quite a lot for my age; married my best friend, received a Bachelor's degree, currently working on my Master's degree and bought a home with my husband! I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you, Lord for letting me see another year!
Thanks for my birthday wishes and gifts! Dinner with the hubby tonight to top it all off!
3 comments:
I've got 40 minutes left in the day to wish you a happy birthday!!! Silly Jon! I've never heard of Swankyville. You'll have to tell me all about it! Love ya and happy birthday!!!
P.S. That's so Jon! (Heather and Landon are great sports and humor him well)! :)
Friend I love you soo much! I am blessed to still have you as not only a person in my life, but as my best friend. You have been a great friend over the years and I don't know where I would be without you by myside, well you know. Haha! I am soo happy for you and Slone. Two people who definitely deserve all the happiness in the world! Love you and Sloney! XOXO
Post a Comment