I had a bump in my day with some news that I received and immediately let my flesh react. Shortly after, as I was preparing for bible study tonight, I was looking up a passage from the video I was watching. In doing so, I noticed that I had highlighted a verse in blue and decided to read it on my way to the intended passage. It was the following:
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (NLV)
What a great reminder that instead of initially reacting to "bad" news with my fleshly spirit, to just stop and pray about it! Not only can I take it to Him, but in return, I will receive peace about the situation! I also like The Message version of this passage:
6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. (The Message)
Thank you, Lord for the promise to grant me peace when all I want to do is worry! I promise that I will look straight to you when my flesh wants to take over. In Jesus name, Amen!
DIY Lavender Hand Sugar Scrub
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment