Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I actually left Dallas for Nashville on the 26th. I stayed through the 31st and while it was a long trip, it's never quite long enough! I visited during a unique time of year. I say this because every 13 years, insects known as cicadas come up from the ground. They are big-eyed, winged insects that blindly fly around for about a month. There are probably thousands of them and they have noisemakers called tymbals that they use loudly! It resembles the sound of crickets yet they are so loud and constant that to me it feels like you're in a jungle somewhere. I've never liked them and most likely never will! Here's what one looks like


As always, I was busy every day seeing friends and family, shopping and playing card games with Reagan. Unfortunately, mom was still in her boot that she's wearing since she tore a tendon in her foot so we weren't as active as we normally are. However, it gave me a chance to give back to her by helping clean and waiting on her when she needed a drink or food :) God has given me a big heart for taking care of people when they are on the "injured" list. I love being able to fix help out and have things in order for someone who is temporarily unable to do it.

Although it's a little hard to read from the picture, Reagan made me a welcome home sign and a Happy Birthday sign for Katelyn. We both saw them on the same day when we went to Mammy's, which is always the first stop when I get home!


Friday night, we celebrated Katelyn's 21st birthday at Toyoma!

Our cook was amazing. He cooked for both of our tables at the same time and did lots of tricks!

Reagan had Braxton so tickled after dinner. He would throw his head back laughing at her pretend to run into a pole. He is such a doll!


Saturday Reagan went to a swim party and I took mom to get her hair cut and to find Braxton some new shoes. He was such a good boy the whole way through the mall, so toward the end when we were leaving, I let him get out to stretch his sweet legs and push his stroller. Needless to say, he had a long day :)



To be continued tomorrow...

No comments: