Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Break...as an adult

All I can say is YES! I am so excited to be on Spring Break. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE teaching. I LOVE my students. I LOVE my coworkers and my team. But on any given day, I'm there from 7:30am until 6:00pm. From grading papers, tutoring, planning and making copies, creating a school newspaper with my newspaper club, to going to athletic events and cheering the kids on, I would say it's the perfect time for a week off. This year is going great and I learn new things almost daily. Teaching is challenging, emotional, demanding, and never the same each day! I want to take Spring Break to really reflect on the things that have been working and those that unfortunately seemed like a good idea, and sadly were not. I'm sure it's because this is my first year, but it's hard for me not to think about school and the kids and planning and what to do next. I don't want to burn out, so I need to find that balance.

I have some projects scheduled around the house this week before I head to Chicago for training on Friday. Our home office has quickly become the storage room and I am already working on getting that cleared out and transformed into an awesome thinking, praying, reflecting, "chill" place.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I'm sure there's a million and one things that I could tell you about, but I'm not one to sit for too long and I am ready to get up and get some things done. See you later this week!

~Megan

No comments: