Saturday, January 5, 2013

Well, you see...here's the thing

I'm not sure where exactly the time has gone from August 2012 until now, but here I sit, in our living room, blogging for the first time since September. Since becoming a 7th grade teacher, time has flown by! There were many nights when I thought to update the blog but my exhaustion would win and I would fall into bed instead. Once I sit down and start updating you on everything I enjoy doing it, but it's sitting down and actually starting it is the hard part. There's no way I can sit here and update you on everything that has happened since September 2012. So instead, I'll start the first post of 2013 like this...

Slone and I are happy and ready to take some leaps of faith this year. He just turned 28 in October and I'll be 27 in 15 days. We have talked about starting a family and may possibly shoot for that next year, unless the Lord has something else in mind which wouldn't surprise me. For now, he is going to finish his last year of college and I am going to focus on being the best teacher I can be for my 98 students. This Christmas break has been so refreshing and I'm excited to get back to see them next week.

I am going to try to stay more up-to-date on the blog this year. I will leave today's post with a reflection of what 2012 looked like for us, all thanks to the Lord who has blessed us abundantly.

1. I accepted my first teaching job
2. Slone got a promotion and raise
3. I met my second nephew, Braylon
4. We both got new cars (new to us, but used)
5. Slone met his second baby brother in Minnesota
6. We had a much needed family gathering on Slone's side for Thanksgiving
7. I made it into the Fort Worth Star Telegram for Academic Night at our school
8. Slone started working part-time in the youth ministry at our church
9. Slone also started working part-time in our newest service at church
10. We celebrated 5 years of marriage!!

Until next time,
Megan

No comments: