Let's start with student teaching since that's fresh on my mind. My last day was this past Friday and I guess I have to admit that it was bittersweet. My schedule was really tight and I wouldn't get home most nights until 8:30pm...then I would walk the dog and prepare lessons for the next day. In addition to that, I was still working nights at Texas Power and taking an online class to get my master's degree. So, it's bittersweet because while of course I didn't want to leave the kids, I really wanted my normal schedule back! Thus, here I am, catching up the blog at 8:35 instead of just now walking in the door :)
The next part of my journey to teaching is of course applying for jobs. I have sent applications and resumes to a few private schools in Arlington and Fort Worth. I have asked God to please place me in Mansfield ISD because it is where I call home for now and that's where I did my student teaching. My professor at UTA says that 99% of student teachers get hired within the district they student taught. This is a great sign except that MISD hasn't posted any middle school positions yet and I'm very anxious to get my classroom! I really had to pray on the way home that God would help me to relax during this time. I have my inbox open all day anticipating an employer contacting me and I think it just makes me more anxious. I know that He is completely in control no matter where I end up...even if I don't end up with a full-time position this Fall. I have given him the desires of my heart, which He says to do and now I just need to trust and wait!
I will be updating much more now that I'm back on my regular schedule. But for now, I'm going to hop over to my teaching blog and notate some of the things that worked and didn't work with the kids during the past 12 weeks.
"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires" Psalm 37:4
No comments:
Post a Comment