Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our first Thanksgiving as Homeowners

Yea, so I'm a little late on this post but that's what happens when you have a puppy, work and go to Grad school full-time!

Thanksgiving in our first home was wonderful! Dad, B, Katelyn, and Braxton came to stay with us for about 5 days. I picked them up from the airport on Thanksgiving Day while Slone visited his family at Grandfather's house. I had cooked the previous day so when we got home from the airport we ate! We had deviled eggs, ham and rolls, dressing and green bean casserole. Of course we topped all of that off with Mammy's fudge pie. For my first experience cooking for that many people I'd say it turned out quite well. I loved having family under our roof for Thanksgiving.

We were so busy and didn't get as many pictures as I normally would have. The boys golfed, us girls (and Braxton!) shopped and we went to the aquarium. Overall it was relaxing and lots of fun all in one! Tana was a champ with new guests in the house. We decided to let her sleep in our room - on her own bed - while they were here. She wakes up in her crate each morning around 7 and we didn't want her whining to wake anyone else up. She was also really good with Braxton. She hasn't been around many kiddos other than Landon and Kaegan and all she wanted to do was lick him which he thought was funny. At first he didn't know what to think about her. He warmed up to her really quick and when he would find one of her toys lying around, he would say "here Tana" and go give it to her. Once she was laying on her bed in the living room and he bent down to give her a hug. It was so precious. They were also super impressed by all of her tricks and how obedient she is for a puppy.

He really wasn't into Santa at all - I love how he is cutting his eyes over to the side so he can make sure Santa doesn't come close ;)

No comments: