Monday, July 18, 2011

Earthquakes in Texas?

Maybe this is common. It is unknown to me. Saturday there was a bit of a rumble at our house. Slone and I had fallen asleep in the living room and about 2 am woke up and moved to our room. It was about that time that we felt it and questioned what it was. We didn't think too much of it because nothing fell or anything like that. I haven't thought anything of it since, but it must have really been bugging Slone because he mentioned it to some co-workers this morning and that's when we found out it was an earthquake! I searched the internet for an article on it and was able to find something from The Star Telegram. Here is a photo of where Slone and I live in comparison with where the earthquake hit.

I'm glad it was minor and no one was hurt! Here is the article:
http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/17/3226719/small-earthquake-rattles-north.html

No comments: