Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Thunder Rolls, and the Lightnin' Strikes

Yesterday Brandon told me that while my dad was out of town, lightning struck a lamp post in his backyard. After calling my dad to make sure everything was ok, he informed me of the damage that was done. I never knew lightning could do so much in one strike:
  • when it struck, it uprooted almost everything in the backyard.
  • it went under the house and busted water pipes within and knocked out the phone lines. my dad had just hung up new plasma tv's which now only show black and white picture.
  • it blew the patio (directly beneath the deck) up through the deck boards.
I'm so thankful that no one was hurt, especially all the sweet dogs that he has. He said that the rest of the yard looked like someone planted a bomb and set it off because everything was so out of place. For those of you that know me, you know that I look for God's presence in all situations. I have really been praying for my dad lately and through this, God confirmed that He is hearing my prayers and doing work in my dad's life.

This was where the patio bricks were underneath the deck.


This is the deck after the bricks were blown through it. I asked my dad if those two boards were like that when he got home and noticed the damage and he said yes. God confirms things in the most mysterious ways.

No comments: