Mammy gave me her fudge pie recipe and I wanted to make it for home group last night. So I went to the store and got all the ingredients and headed home to start baking. When I began to read the recipe, it said "one frozen pie crust." I initially saw "pie crust" and thought "oh, I'll just get the graham cracker kind." WRONG! Apparently, those aren't for baking...I had to go back to Kroger with an hour to spare before our home group would arrive at our house and the pie has to bake for at least 40 minutes! So I take the back road, Perkins, to Kroger and I must admit, I was speeding and in a hurry! Perkins is very "hilly" and I noticed a truck ahead of me get over into the lane to the left of me and slam on his brakes. When I got over a small hill, I noticed that he had stopped completely and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I slam on my brakes and realize that a momma duck and her 7 babies are crossing the street! It was such a beautiful sight, but let me just state for the record that Perkins is busy at 6:00pm and I am quite shocked that the little family made it across the street. Thank God I noticed why everyone was stopping! A really cute aspect of it was that I was in the front of the stopped cars so I got to see them scurry across the road right in front of me. The babies were so short that they couldn't quite make it up on the curb, so it kind of created this ripple effect because they kept trying to get up and they kept bumping into each other. They did make it up and I'm sure they are now at the lake!
Back to the pie story. So I am frantically trying to find the right pie crust in Kroger. That's a success so I got back home and started baking. I love baking and I am learning one day at a time. I follow the directions on the recipe and pray that it turns out as good as Mammy's! Both pies turned out great and they were both gone by the end of our bible study. Yay! I will be able to look back on this when I'm older and laugh at how much I stressed out over making one little pie.
DIY Lavender Hand Sugar Scrub
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment