Thursday, August 4, 2011

Time Flies

We have been pretty busy lately. Here's what is new:

  • I recently joined a lady's tutoring company and will be tutoring kids weekly. Essentially, I make my own hours and it really helps me get more experience in my pursuit of becoming a teacher. Student teaching should begin for me in January when school starts back after Christmas break. I am super excited about it and really feel the Lord present in all of it!
  • Slone and I both started volunteering at our church. He is now the Activities Leader for the Youth Ministry and I will start leading 5th or 6th grade girls in the Preteen Ministry. I really love that age and hope that I can set a really good example for them.
  • We visited a lady back in February that breeds Dobermans. She was expecting a new litter sometime in June and at 8 weeks, we would be able to get one. The 8 week mark comes in about one week and we are pretty excited about it. We were expecting to get a male, but he had ear problems and the breeder is keeping him. The only puppies left are females and we are ok with that. We have plans to visit them this weekend!
  • Slone just finished summer school and we are both about to start the Fall semester. This is my last semester for certification and will pray about continuing on to get my Master's. I have always told myself that I would get it so I hope to be able to reach that goal. Slone is scheduled to graduate in May - hallelujah!!
  • We won our 12th consecutive game in kickball :)
Here are some pics of what we've been doing the past few weeks

The Nance's are renting a new house and invited us over for dinner and games. Here are the boys playing Bocci Ball in the living room. Landon loved playing with them :)



We hung out with with Fearings all afternoon last Saturday. We ate lunch at Joe T's and drove around Forth Worth just sightseeing and enjoying the day together. Jon got a new app on his phone called Hipstamatic and snapped pictures all day and night. They turned out really cute!



A few weekends ago we went to see the Simmons' new house in Coppell and ate dinner at Hard 8 BBQ. Even though it was super hot out, the food was great and it was good to catch up with them. This is Rex. He is a year old, I believe, and Trent said he is not done growing! We are excited that if we do get a dog, she will have a friend :)


We finally hung curtains after 7 months of being homeowners. It's funny how you don't realize something is "missing" until you get it and put it in your home. We actually love the lighting that the windows give in the house but once summer hit, we knew it was time to hang curtains. It was much harder than we thought though! We bought 5 different kinds and settled on this one. I really love the color and they make the room much more "homey." The photo makes them look more sheer than they actually are. Next on the agenda is our room! I think I want to try Roman shades in there. We will see how it turns out. Decorating is definitely an on-going process for us. We work on one room at a time and I'm hoping to put a special "Nashville touch" on every room :)


No comments: