Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow days for the big kids!

What crazy weather we've had this week! Last weekend it was 60 degrees and we were riding bikes in the park. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday of this week we were snowed in! Thursday night we got hit with around 5 inches of snow. I was thrilled because I love the snow and it always reminds me of Tennessee. We've learned a lot about how to care for our house in the winter as well!


First snow at our first house

I call this our "Tennessee" backyard and I absolutely love it



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On our way back from braving the weather for lunch, we found this little guy running down Main Street. We let him jump in the car and went looking for his home. After no success, we took him back to the house and posted a notice on the Mansfield Animal Control site that we had found him. About an hour after being at the house the dog started whimpering a lot, so Slone set out again to find the owner in the surrounding neighborhoods. Turns out, he belonged to someone in the subdivision across the street from us. It was fun while it lasted but we do hope to have our own dog this summer! :)


No comments: