Friday, May 7, 2010

We are one, Nashville

Although I moved from Nashville 4 years ago, I will always consider it my home. My family and friends have been in prayers the past week because of the devastating storms that hit May 1, 2010. The news reported that 13 inches of rain fell within two days. Members of the community have been asked to limit their shower usage and not drink water unless it is bottled. There are many flood victims that have died or been misplaced but much of the community has stepped up their volunteer efforts and have begun charity efforts to help those in need. My grandmother's basement suffered minor flooding but her backyard was under water for days. From what I understand, 1st through 5th avenues are closed in downtown because of the overflow from the Cumberland River.


Beautiful downtown Nashville before the storm


Another before....


After the storm...


This is what Mammy's "dry" creek turned into after all the rain


Mammy's backyard




This is I-24. The water rose so fast that many people were stranded in their cars.


Monday, May 3






This is Opry Mills mall parking lot

No comments: